Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Where has Grin gone?

Missing on a Milk Carton
Where has Grin been?

I'm not dead, just reorganizing.  I got some perspective and realized I was working harder than necessary.

Now, I am no longer doing things that require so much work... or at least I am not spending too much time on things I don't want to do.

I really enjoyed doing the podcast, though not the editing so much.  If podcasting was free, I would probably still be doing it.  In the end, I just couldn't afford the hosting.

I took some time off and reaffirmed my priorities.  Family, work, and hobbies in that order. Everything else falls in these categories.

What does this mean for Grinning Studio?

I am still doing creative things, but I am no longer willing to work so hard at it.  I like doing it as long as it isn't work and stays fun.  The dream is that someday I will do something interesting and be able to live off of the interest generated.  Laughable, I know, but it is just a dream.

I still have the YouTube channel.  I am still doing things there.  Check it out if you like.

I gave up worrying about the radiation situation in Japan.  Nothing I can do about it.  Even if it was killing me, which it isn't.

I got so focused on what other people were doing and trying to promote them that I forgot to enjoy myself.  That is going to change.

I'm a nerd.  I like SciFi, Fantasy, and video games and being creative.  So that is what I will be focusing this blog on.  Things I like because it is fun. There is no cause, no higher meaning, no agenda.  Just fun.  That's all that matters to me now.  I am going to Eke out my life enjoying as much of it as possible.

So what's on the agenda?  I'm going to use this blog to talk about what I am interested in. Games, science, science fiction, fantasy, imagination, creativity, music, and that kind of thing.
I'd say I hope you like it... but let's be honest, I am doing this blog for me, and people that like the things I like.  So if you don't like it, Google is always a thing. Go find what you like.

Cheers, and check out my latest YouTube vids of Japan, stories, and gaming stuff.  I'll be posting new stuff every time I feel like it. Hit me up on twitter, facebook, or wherever.. I'm easy to find.  Just look for Grinning Studio.

Sincerely,
Grin

Stay Creative, It's Good For You.
Show me your Nerd Swagger.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

For those that don't use facebook, please comment here.